Friday, April 15, 2011

Play Ball!

With baseball season in full swing, I decided to pay tribute to America's favorite past time.  This run came from a couple of different inspirations.  While at Target searching for costumes one night with Matt (my husband), we saw some Red's sweatbands.  Matt, being a huge baseball fan and coach thought that I should be a baseball player for one of my runs.  I hadn't used the baseball idea yet but with some GOTR inspiration I was ready.  At our GOTR race committee meeting on Monday, Erin was sporting the newest addition to the race day fun for the girls.  We had GOTR "eyeblack" stickers!  You can see the pink and green in the picture but they also have the New Balance logo on one and the GOTR logo on the other.  So with these the outfit was complete.  I didn't want to show too much favoritism to one team so I went with a combination of Ripley (where Matt coaches), Detroit, the Red's and of course GOTR.  I think tiara's should be a new addition to baseball uniforms!  I must say, baseball pants and a batting helmet are not meant to run speed repeats in!  The outfit was a little toasty but I made it.  Surprisingly, it was hotter than the baby chick hat!  A big thank you again to everyone for their support and to everyone I run with for putting up with the girl in the outfits every week!

No comments:

Post a Comment