Saturday, April 23, 2011

Buzzzzzzzz

Ready for the last long run before marathon day!

Check out those wings and stinger!
There was no blending in with the crowd today!  It was the last long run of spring marathon training so I went out with a bang....or a buzz!  The bumble bee costume was courtesy of Steve, Robert and Laurie....thanks for a great costume and sponsoring today's run guys, I really appreciate it!  I think an appropriate name for today would be "Queen Bee".  I will say this costume was very toasty.  The sunglasses were nifty with the option to have the shades up or down but they didn't stay on very well so I carried them most of the way.  Then there was the hat with the antennas it that was a bit warm.  I made it until about mile 8  but had to ditch the hat at the water stop and finish the last two miles with just the bumble bee outfit.  I do think it was a great costume and perfect for the last long run before marathon day!  Thanks again to everyone for the support.  

No comments:

Post a Comment