Friday, December 23, 2011

Running Advent- The Decent

I will start by saying that the second half was tougher than the first half!  My runs were much slower than in the beginning and my legs were tired but I survived enough to blog about it and had a great time along the way.  I am thankful to all my wonderful running buddies that joined me for various days of running advent- the company was very much appreciated.  All the encouragement was fantastic as well- it kept me going through all 144 miles!  Here is the photo recap of days 13-23!
Day 13- Holiday Lights run through downtown, Mt. Adams and Eden Park! Thanks to Tisha for adding on to make it my full 11 miles
                              

Day 14- 10 miles through Hyde Park & Mt. Lookout.  This house was decked out, complete with 4 motorcycle Santas.  My first question, "How much is their electric bill?" and my second, "What do their neighbors think?"
             

Day 15- How cool would it be to have a flying pig in your yard?
9 miles through Hyde Park and found this guy!


Day 16- Sadie napping for the evening after she ran the first 4 of my 8 mile run!

Day 17- Sister run after our sleepover! Nickie in all her coordinated gear made for a fun 7 miles!
                                             

Day 18- Sunday evening run with a beautiful sunset at the end of 6 miles.

Day 19- Ran 5 miles at 5 am so I could enjoy "Awaited" at Crossroads with a fun crew!

Day 20- My feet and legs were very happy to only have to run 4 miles today!

Day 21- Pub Run from Newport up to Mt. Adams- I joined in late for my 3 miles but got the beautiful view from Mt. Adams and fun times with the ladies!
                

Day 22- 2 miles in the rain but these happy kids and smile made for a perfect ending to the day.  Enjoying time with Bella and Milosh!
                   

               

Day 23- Final 1 mile run.....or 6.2 but who is counting?!?!  We did celebrate at mile one though!  I completed a virtual 10k today with Tracey Outlaw.  Check out the Virtual 10k here.  My final run for running advent also had a theme of "Finish Strong" for Parker.  Parker is Tracey's cousin's son who was recently diagnosed with Leukemia.  Tracey completed 52.4 miles in 48 hours for Parker and inspired me to finish strong for Parker today.  Read about Parker and Tracey here.  We even finished the run off with a photo shoot with Santa! Here are a preview of the pics.  I will do another blog post with more pics from the final run and celebration to follow this evening!
                                    

Woohoo 144 miles+ in 23 days- thanks for all the cheers, companionship and support on the journey!

4 comments:

  1. Sister...you are awesome:-) So many smiles, that's what it is all about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you really did run SO. MUCH. it still amazes me when i think about it. way to go!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie- I still can't believe I ran that much! Thanks for all your cheering and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete